DEADLINE JULY 15
– The exhibition call is for Women Street Photographers exhibition at the Kuala Lumpur Photography Festival (KLPF)
The annual "Women Street Photographers" exhibition in December, 2019 at the Artspace PS109 in New York City, USA.
Curated by Gulnara Samoilova
– About 40 photographers will be shown at the Kuala Lumpur Photography Festival (KLPF). 23-25 August, 2019
– 15 photographers will be chosen towards our annual 75 Women Street Photographers exhibition in New York City in December, 2019
– Publication on the @womenstreetphotographers Instagram feed
– Dedicated page on www.womenstreetphotographers.com/photographers website
– Inclusion in the traveling exhibition and International exposure
– Selected entries will be shown on WSP IG story throughout the year.
DEADLINE JULY 15
- THE FINALISTS WILL BE ANNOUNCED LIVE AT THE END OF JULY on @womenstreetphotographers
– Submissions are welcomed from women and who identify themselves as women.
– There is no age restriction.
-The submission doesn't guarantee a spot in the exhibitions.
– The entry must show street photography in public places.
– NO multiple exposures, digital composites, removing or adding objects.
– Entry can be from any year.
– NO watermark
– Entry must NOT show sexual acts, genitals, violence, degrading actions.
– There will be no additional cost to photographers chosen for the exhibitions.
- No refunds will be made but please know that your fee supports the exhibitions and the promotion of Women Street Photographers.
Preparing your entries:
– Your entries must be JPG or JPEG photographs sized at 1200 px in the largest side.
– Entries must be named with a first_last name and a number 01, 02....or 001, 002 Example: janedoe01.jpg, jane_doe001.jpg.
– Enter your best photos. If not sure, look at the @womenstreetphotographers instagram feed to get an idea what we like.
This is a juried exhibition. Entries are $15.00 per entry.
The maximum number of entries permitted is 20 images.
1 free entry if submitted over 10 photos.
2 free entries if submitted over 15 photos.
3 free entries if submitted 20 photos.
20 min submission review via Skype by Gulnara Samoilova if you enter 15 plus photos and your submission DOES NOT get selected for the exhibitions.
Sending your entries:
– Submitting an entry does not guarantee inclusion in the exhibitions.
– If your payment doesn’t go thru email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a different type of payment.
– If you made a mistake with your form, your payment or if you have any questions about your entries, email email@example.com .
DEADLINE JULY 15
NEW YORK CITY ARTSPACE PS109 EXHIBITION
Our first Women Street Photographers exhibition was held at El Barrio's Artspace PS109 in New York City in December 2018.
THE ARTSPACE GALLERY
PHOS SOFIA FESTIVAL AT THE PHOTOSYNTHESIS GALLERY
ABOUT WOMEN STREET PHOTOGRAPHERS
The Instagram feed of Women Street Photographers (@womenstreetphotographers), and the traveling exhibition, is a platform of well curated, quality street photography by women.
By focusing strictly on the work of women photographers, we provide the extra exposure for female artists. Additionally, it is our goal to create visibility for dedicated women street photographers and to encourage other women to follow their passion.
The Instagram feed of Women Street Photographers (@womenstreetphotographers), and the traveling exhibition, was founded by Gulnara Samoilova, a street and fine art photographer based in New York City. The project began as a personal Instagram catalog for a future exhibition, but has quickly become a popular platform for both amateur and professional women photographers.
Gulnara Samoilova @gulnara_nyc is a street and fine art photographer based in New York City and the founder of @WomenStreetPhotographers Instagram feed. She holds a certificate in creative practices from the International Center of Photography in New York City and a diploma in photography from the Moscow Poletech College.
Gulnara is a former Associated Press photojournalist and received national and international awards for her iconic photographs from 9/11/01, including first prize in the most prestigious World Press Photo competition in Amsterdam and nomination for the Pulitzer Prize by the AP. Gulnara's work is a part of major collections such as the Museum of the City of New York, The New York Public Library, New York Historical Society, the Newseum, and Houston Museum of Fine Arts.
With almost 40 years combined experience as a documentary photographer, artist, darkroom printer, photojournalist, and a photo editor, Gulnara employs her experience and qualifications to research and curate an impressive body of work by women photographers from around the globe. Her personal website is www.gulnara.com
If you would like to sponsor the exhibitions please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org