CALLING ALL WOMEN FROM AROUND THE WORLD
TWO EXHIBITIONS curated by Gulnara Samoilova
THE DEADLINE - FEBRUARY 25, 2019
– The exhibition call is for European festival in May, 2019 ( details coming soon)
For the annual "Women Street Photographers" exhibition in December, 2019
at the Artspace PS109 in New York City, USA.
– This is a juried exhibition with paid entries.
– 45 photographers will be shown in the European festival in May, 2019 ( details coming soon)
– 15 photographers will be chosen for our annual Women Street Photographers exhibition in New York City in December, 2019
– Publication on the @womenstreetphotographers Instagram feed
– Dedicated page on www.womenstreetphotographers.com/photographers website
– Inclusion in the traveling exhibition and International exposure
– Selected entries will be shown on WSP IG story throughout the year.
– Submissions are welcomed from women and those who identify themselves as women.
– There is no age restriction.
– The submission does not guarantee a spot in the group exhibition.
– The submission must show street photography in public places and may not be staged.
– NO alterations ( burning, dodging, cropping is permitted). Conversion to B&W is permissible.
– NO multiple exposures, digital composites, adding or removing objects.
– Submission can be from any year.
– Submission must not show sexual acts, genitals, violence, degrading actions.
– There will be no additional cost to photographers chosen for the exhibitions. The exhibition will cover the costs of the prints and framing.
PREPARING YOUR ENTRIES:
– NO watermark, text, or borders.
– Your entries must be JPG photographs sized at 1200 pixels on the longest side.
If your photo is chosen, be prepared to send a high resolution file.
– Entries must be named with a first_last name and a number 01, 02....or 001, 002 Example: jane_doe01.jpg, janedoe001.jpg.
– Enter your best photos.
– All entries are $15.00 per photo. The maximum number of entries permitted is 20 images.
– If you enter 10 or more photos ONE foto is free. If you enter 15 or more photos TWO photos are free.
SENDING YOUR ENTRIES:
– Submitting an entry does not guarantee inclusion in the exhibitions.
– If your payment doesn’t go through email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a different form of payment.
– If you made a mistake with your form, your payment or if you have any questions about your entries, email email@example.com .
THE DEADLINE - FEBRUARY 25, 2019
NEW YORK CITY ARTSPACE PS109 EXHIBITION
Our first Women Street Photographers exhibition was held at El Barrio's Artspace PS109 in New York City in December 2018.
THE ARTSPACE GALLERY
Gulnara Samoilova @gulnara_nyc is a street and fine art photographer based in New York City and the founder of @WomenStreetPhotographers Instagram feed. She holds a certificate in creative practices from the International Center of Photography in New York City and a diploma in photography from the Moscow Poletech College.
Gulnara is a former Associated Press photojournalist and received national and international awards for her iconic photographs from 9/11/01, including first prize in the most prestigious World Press Photo competition In Amsterdam and nomination for the Pulitzer Prize by the AP. Gulnara's work is a part of major collections such as the Museum of the City of New York, The New York Public Library, New York Historical Society, the Newseum, and Houston Museum of Fine Arts.
With almost 40 years combined experience as a documentary photographer, artist, darkroom printer, photojournalist, and a photo editor, Gulnara employs her experience and qualifications to research and curate an impressive body of work by women photographers from around the globe. Her personal website is www.gulnara.com
ABOUT WOMEN STREET PHOTOGRAPHERS
The Instagram feed of Women Street Photographers (@womenstreetphotographers), and the traveling exhibition, is a platform of well curated, quality street photography by women.
By focusing strictly on the work of women photographers, we provide the extra exposure for female artists. Additionally, it is our goal to create visibility for dedicated women street photographers and to encourage other women to follow their passion.
The Instagram feed of Women Street Photographers (@womenstreetphotographers), and the traveling exhibition, was founded by Gulnara Samoilova, a street and fine art photographer based in New York City. The project began as a personal Instagram catalog for a future exhibition, but has quickly become a popular platform for both amateur and professional women photographers.
If you would like to sponsor the exhibitions please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org